Business owners rely on Lewis Kappes for sound advice and guidance. Our attorneys have substantial experience in a variety of corporate, commercial, and real estate transactions. Lewis Kappes regularly counsels clients on matters such as negotiating and drafting agreements, the formation of business entities, advising closely-held businesses, and real estate issues. We also regularly represent clients in connection with the purchase and sale of businesses and commercial real estate.
Lewis Kappes serves as counsel to numerous businesses with respect to their legal needs, including corporate compliance, contracts, licensing, real estate, and employment issues. Our attorneys in related areas such as administrative, environmental, real estate, lending and finance, and labor and employment, provide unique advantages to our business clients through a wide range of depth and experience in multiple practice areas.
Lewis Kappes represents businesses from start-up to dissolution, performing many of the same services as in-house general counsel. Some of our business services include:
- Preparing and negotiating agreements with clients, vendors, and other third-parties
- Working with businesses to choose the most suitable legal structure, such as a limited liability company, corporation, or partnership
- Advising businesses as to governance and planning issues
- Protecting client interests by preparing and reviewing operating agreements, executive and employee compensation agreements, shareholder agreements, licenses, and various other business contracts
- Completing corporate filings and preparing corporate records, minutes, and resolutions
- Assisting with employee relations, benefits, and pensions
- Protecting intellectual property rights
- Establishing business succession plans
Our business attorneys handle all types of commercial transactions, from mergers and acquisitions to the purchase and sale of commercial real estate. These representations range from family-owned and founder-owned exits, to cross-border transactions. Our firm provides a dedicated team to deliver efficient deal execution and cost-effective legal advice.
Real Estate Law
Lewis Kappes attorneys regularly counsel and represent clients in the following areas related to real estate:
- Purchase and sale of commercial real estate
- Leases, options, and real estate contracts
- Zoning appeals
- Premises liability disputes
- Construction defect claims
- Environmental liability
Personal Legal Services
Lewis Kappes provides a range of legal services to individuals and families. While Lewis Kappes is primarily known for its legal services to businesses, many of our satisfied business clients become personal clients as well. They know they will receive the same careful attention to the family legal matter as they receive for their business issue and they will be treated with respect and courtesy.
Our attorneys handle a range of legal services for individuals and families, including:
- Wealth Management: wills, trusts and other estate planning tools, as well as business succession planning
- Civil Litigation: breach of contract issues, employment law violations, real estate disputes
- Personal Injury: Car accidents, collisions with trucks or semis, dog bites, falls or other injuries on poorly maintained properties (premises liability), injuries from the use of defective products (products liability) and medical malpractice claims
- Privacy cases and publicity rights
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions