This Site may link to other third party website. This Policy does not apply to those third party websites, and such websites may have privacy policies that differ from this Policy. Please carefully read this Policy and, if you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Site.
What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, "Sensitive Information"). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Web server logs:
When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address
- the name of your unique Internet service provider
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website
- the kind of browser or computer you use
- the number of links you click within the site
- the date and time of your visit
- the web page from which you arrived to our site
- the pages you viewed on the site
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s)
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user's experience.
We may use services hosted by third parties, including Adobe Site Catalyst, to assist in providing our services and to help us understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
California Do Not Track:
Our web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, we track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps us analyze website usage and improve the user's experience. Cookies allow us to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form or email@example.com at any time to opt out of future communications from us.
Site visitors in the European Union (“EU”)
For purposes of any “personal data,” as defined by the GDPR, Lewis Kappes operates as a data controller. Lewis Kappes is a U.S. firm with its principal place of business in Indianapolis, Indiana. Any personal data collected is processed within the United States and under the terms of this Policy. We will obtain your consent to process personal data and such consent may be withdrawn by you at any time. You may exercise any of the following rights described below:
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Request a copy of any of your personal data our website contains.
- Request we correct any personal data that you have provided to us through our website.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
You may also email us at email@example.com at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data through this website.
Children’s Information and Privacy
Lewis Kappes does not seek to gather any information from individuals under the age of eighteen. This Site is not targeted to children and we do not expect or anticipate that children under the age of eighteen will be interacting with the Site. If we become aware of any information collected from individuals under the age of eighteen, we will endeavor to delete it.