Amanda K. Quick
Amanda K. Quick is Of Counsel in the firm’s lending and finance and bankruptcy practice groups. Amanda’s practice focuses primarily on representing financial institutions in lending and commercial transactions matters, as well as bankruptcy, creditor’s rights and litigation. She has extensive experience in commercial litigation matters including business and individual bankruptcy, mortgage foreclosures, commercial transactions and post-judgment collections.
Prior to joining Lewis Kappes, Amanda was a Deputy Attorney General in the Asset Recovery & Bankruptcy Litigation Section of the Office of the Indiana Attorney General. In her prior role, Amanda represented the State of Indiana, as well as its agencies and departments, in commercial litigation matters in the State and across the country.
Amanda is an experienced legal writer having published numerous articles in Res Gestae and is a regular presenter at seminars.
Amanda’s practice focuses primarily on representing financial institutions in lending and commercial transaction matters as well as bankruptcy, creditor’s rights, and litigation.
Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D.
Indiana Journal for Global Legal Students, Submission Editor
B.S., Business Administration
Phasellus nec gravida purus. Aliquam ac enim vel ipsum consectetur vulputate. Duis quis feugiat neque. Pellentesque eleifend, nisi vel mattis vestibulum, est lacus pretium quam.
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana’s Pro Bono Panel
Speaking and Publications
- Author: "Covid-19 & Bankruptcy Filings," Res Gestae, Vol. 65, No. 5, 12-2021
- "Violations of the Discharge Injunction: Taggart v. Lorenzen," Res Gestae, Vol. 63, No. 7, 3-2020
- Author: "Consequences of Failure to List Legal Claims in Bankruptcy," Res Gestae, Vol. 62, No. 4, 11-2018
- Author: "Time-Barred Proofs of Claim in Bankruptcy Proceedings," Res Gestae, Vol. 60, No. 3, 10-2016
- Author: "Update: Dischargeability of Student Loans in Bankruptcy," Res Gestae, Vol. 59, No. 7, 3-2016
- Author: "Midyear Review: SCOTUS & 7th Circuit Bankruptcy Case Update," Res Gestae, Vol. 59, No. 2, 9-2015
- Author: "The State of Inherited IRAs in Bankruptcy: Clark v. Rameker," Res Gestae, Vol. 58, No. 2, 9-2014
- Author: "Exemptions – What Every Attorney Needs to Know," Res Gestae, Vol. 58, No. 1, 7/8-2014
- Author: "Reducing the Burden of Student Loan Debt," Res Gestae, Vol. 57, No. 5, 12-2013
- Author: "Exceptions to the Bankruptcy Discharge," Res Gestae, Vol. 57, No. 3, 10-2013
- Author: "Disclaiming an Inheritance in Bankruptcy," Res Gestae, Vol. 57, No. 1, 7/8-2013
- Author: "Property of the Bankruptcy Estate," Res Gestae, Vol. 56, No. 7, 3-2013
Let's Keep In Touch
Amanda K. Quick